The Marshall County Board of Zoning Appeals and Plan Commission were established to hear and determine appeals from the applicant as to enforce the established Zoning Ordinance.
The Board of Zoning Appeals hears the following requests on 2nd Tuesday of every month in the Marshall County Building, Room 203, Plymouth, IN unless otherwise advertised.
- Special Exception – A Special Exception is a list of permitted uses that will be considered upon application of such request
- Variance of Use – A Variance of Use is a request to permit a use other than what is permitted
- Variance of Development Standard – A Variance of Development Standard is a request to reduce the required setback of a property line
The Marshall County Plan Commission hears the following requests on the 4th Thursday of every month in the Marshall County Building Room 203, Plymouth, IN unless otherwise advertised.
- Request for Vacation – A Request for Vacation is when an applicant wants a section of an used road or alley closed permanently
- B-2 Site Plan Approval – A B-2 Site Plan Approval requires an applicant in that specific zone to appear before the board to request permission for their proposed improvements
- Petition to Amend Zoning – A Petition to Amend Zoning is a request to change the current zoning
- Request for Subdivision Approval – A request for a subdivision
- Petition for a PUD – A Request for a Planned Unit Development
- The completed application turned in a minimum of 15 days before the hearing date
- Submit all corresponding paperwork to the Plan Commission Office. The more detailed information you provide gives the board a better understanding of your request
- Pay the required application fee and a hearing date will be provided to you
- Any property owner within 300′ or two property owners over will be notified of the petition and the hearing
- The Plan Director will do a site inspection and take pictures prior to the hearing date to prepare his presentation
- It is required that the applicant or a representative attend the meeting to present their case and be available for questions by the Board
- The board will either approve, approve with modifications, deny or table the request.