The office of Marshall County Treasurer is a statutory office ordained by the State of Indiana for accepting and maintaining all monetary income to the county. The Treasurer is an elected position and holds office for four years.
The Treasurer responsibilities include:
- Billing and collecting property taxes (real estate, personal, drains, mobile home)
- Collecting innkeepers tax
- Issuing tax clearances for mobile home transfer/moving permits
- Issuing tax clearances for alcohol beverage permits
- Investing funds
- Conducting annual real estate tax sale
- Collecting delinquent property taxes and taxes in judgment
- Searching for and collecting delinquent taxes of public employees
It is our goal to serve all taxpayers efficiently and respectfully, and to answer your questions to the best of our ability.