WAIVING BUILDING PERMIT FEES – By request of the Marshall County Commissioners and the Mayor of the City of Plymouth we are waiving all building permit fees that are related to the most recent flood. We ask that you come into our office to apply for the permit in order to process your permit without payment. Feel free to contact our office with any questions.
The Marshall County Building Commission has been established by local ordinance in compliance with state code. It grants counties the right to create an agency to assure that construction and modification of all structures within the unincorporated areas meet the minimum standards as established by the State of Indiana. The Department administers and enforces building, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, and plumbing standards for the protection of life, health, environment, public safety, and the conservation of energy in the design and construction of buildings and structures.
This Department also serves as the building permit and inspection agency for the Towns of Argos, Bourbon, Bremen, Culver and LaPaz to ensure compliance with all applicable building laws. The City of Plymouth maintains its own Building Inspection Department and can be contacted at (574)936-2824.
Building Commissioner Duties
- Issue Contractor Registration
- Issue Building Permits
- Construction Inspections
- Issue Certificate of Occupancy
Current Codes enforced by Marshall County
- International Building Code, 2006 Edition with Indiana Amendments
- International Residential Code 2003 Edition with Indiana Amendments
- Uniform Plumbing Code 1997 Edition with Indiana Amendments
- International Mechanical Code 2006 Edition with Indiana Amendments
- National Electrical Code (NEC) 2008 Edition with Indiana Amendments